“As each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of God's varied grace.” 1 Pet 4:10
Parishioners of St. Charles are encouraged to get involved and to support the mission of the Church by using their talents and time to serve God and neighbor through their parish.
Current volunteer needs and openings
- Catechists sought to teach K-5 Religious Education classes next year.
- On the Way (Jr. High) and WAY (High School) Youth Ministry welcomes new members to the serve on these ministry teams.
- Contact Jim Schuster (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to assist with the FORUM Arlington cultural events series in any of the following areas:
- Booking Team: help create the schedule of bands, artists, lectures, and events.
- Marketing Team: help get the word out about FORUM. Particular skills sought - social media marketing, web development, community networking, graphic design.
- Event Team: help with execution of FORUM events, including event planning, environment and décor, and hospitality.
Sign up to start serving today!
Serving alongside other St. Charles parishioners is a great way to get to know the community while benefiting the parish and community. Here are some easy ways to plug in and start serving right away!
DINNER FOR ALL
Second Saturday of each month
Dinner for All is a community luncheon offered to guests from the community of various social and economic backgrounds. Volunteer roles include preparing and serving meals, hospitality, children's activities, and more.
Offered on various occasions
Want to help provide a warm and welcoming environment at St. Charles? The Hospitality Team will help greet guests and visitors at various parish functions, such as P3 Newcomer Nights and FORUM.
Sign up on the Hospitality Ministry Flocknote Group and you will be included on emails as needs arise (no more than once a week). No commitment, just serve as your availability allows. For most occasions, there will be a 30-minute orientation prior to the start of the event.
Questions? Contact Jim Schuster at email@example.com
PARISH CHARITIES DAYTIME OUTREACH & FOOD PANTRY
"Whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25:40
St. Charles provides emergency assistance for rent and utilities to residents of Arlington County, grocery bags for families, and lunch bags for the homeless. Clients for emergency assistance are interviewed prior to receiving financial help, and food pantry recipients are interviewed annually. Volunteers are needed to:
- Greet and welcome clients receiving emergency assistance and grocery bags (Tues, 10 am-12 pm)
- Assist with handing out family bags (Tues, 10 am-12 pm)
- Interview food pantry and emergency assistance recipients (Tues, 10 am-12 pm)
- Hand out lunch bags to the homeless (daily, M-F, 11 am-12 pm)
An orientation will be offered for those interested in volunteering. For more information or to volunteer, contact Anne Marie Kaufmann, firstname.lastname@example.org.