Dear Friends, here’s what’s up this week:
Wednesday, November 1st is a Holy Day of Obligation for the Solemnity of All Saints.
ST CHARLES CHALLENGE. We invite every parishioner to undertake the challenge: to deepen your relationship with Jesus by committing to Pray, to Celebrate, to Learn and to Share in particular ways.
- This week we are focusing on the need to Share through Evangelization
- You can find practical pointers:
- on our website at stcharleschurch.org/challenge
- at our Share: Evangelization, Monday, Oct 30, at 8:00 P.M. in Benedict Hall.
We believe that those who accept the St. Charles Challenge will grow in faith, in hope and in love, and experience a deep peace and joy. Please join us!
PARISH REDEVELOPMENT. Following a request from me, Bishop Burbidge has approved the beginning of a consultative process regarding the possible redevelopment of the St. Charles Borromeo parish site. The consultation seeks to address several challenges: an aging parish infrastructure; the projected growth in the Rosslyn-Ballston Corridor; and, the need for facilities which better support the parish mission now and in the future. Bishop Burbidge and I agreed on the need for thorough consultation with all appropriate stakeholders. Soon you will be given a chance to join a focus group to help us brainstorm about redevelopment!...
40 HOURS DEVOTION AND ST. CHARLES CELEBRATION
Two weeks from now, on November 4, we will celebrate the solemn feast day of our patron Saint, Charles Borromeo, in grand style:
- We will precede our celebration with a devotion begun by St. Charles: Forty Hours of continuous Eucharistic Adoration.
- Exposition of the Most Blessed Sacrament begins on Thursday, November 2, following at 7:30 P.M. Mass for the Faithful Departed (All Souls Day)
- Adoration continues for two days and nights, during which individuals, families, roommates, and parish groups are encouraged to commit to a holy hour: sign up on our website at: stcharleschurch.org under “News & Events”
- Adoration concludes on Saturday, November 4, with 5:00 P.M. Mass in honor of St. Charles
- Our celebration continues in the gym at 6:00 P.M. with happy hour, dinner, and live music.
Join us for a faithful and joyful commemoration of our great heavenly friend, St. Charles!
FOLLOW-UP COMMITMENT WEEKEND. I hope you came ready this weekend to commit to sharing your time and talents, as well as your financial gifts, to support the mission of our parish. Our ability to proclaim, to celebrate and to live the Gospel through all the good works of our parish is directly affected by what you do and give. Our parish thus counts on your generous, sacrificial time commitments and financial gifts to fulfill our mission. Working together, as generous volunteers and donors, we will keep witnessing to the Good News of the Gospel here in the heart of Arlington. Thank you for your continued support of our parish and of its mission. May God bless you for your generosity.
Your servant in Christ Jesus,