I bring you good news of a great joy,
for to you is born a Savior, who is Christ the Lord!
Welcome to St. Charles Parish! Whether you attend here regularly, attend church regularly elsewhere and are visiting for the holidays, or rarely attend church, we are glad you joined us for the celebration of Jesus’ birth.
He was born for us because he loves us and wants to have a relationship with us, so we can experience his forgiveness of our sins, his healing of our wounds, his offer of deep peace and happiness – his salvation. I invite you to open your hearts to encounter him and the more abundant life of love he offers us:
- Encounter Jesus’ merciful forgiveness frequently in the Sacrament of Confession.
- Receive him in the gift of the Eucharist weekly at Sunday Mass.
- Listen to him as he speaks to your heart through the Sacred Scriptures!
- Meet him in the heart-to-heart conversation of daily prayer.
- See him in the faces of the need you serve.
- Fall more in love with him as you learn more about him by studying the faith!
The Catholic Church everywhere – including at St. Charles Parish – is ready to help you encounter Jesus in those many ways. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us in the new year so that we may assist you in growing in the love of Jesus – in the lasting peace and joy that only he gives.
Our parish staff joins me in wishing you and your loved ones a blessed Christmas and New Year for I am,
Your servant in Christ,
Father Don Planty