Dear Friends, here’s what’s up this week:
REGISTRATION FOR RELIGIOUS EDUCATION & YOUTH MINISTRY…
…is now open. Parents, please register all your children and teens for our dynamic programs of ongoing formation in our faith. You can do so easily online: visit our website under the LEARN menu.
SUMMERTIME, AND THE LIVING IS EASY…
Summer often means a slower pace of life, more recreation and vacation–but be sure not to take a vacation from your vocation to be saint! Encountering the Lord through daily prayer, Sunday Mass and frequent Confession should always remain the bases of our spiritual lives. When traveling, find local Mass and Confession times using this convenient website: masstimes.org
Enjoy the Summer, and remember to put Jesus first!
- I’m happy to announce that I’ve hired Adam Arehart to be our new Director of Evangelization & Adult Faith Formation. Adam, a husband and father of five, has been working at St. Mary’s Catholic Center at Texas A&M–the largest campus ministry program in the country! He will continue Jim Schuster’s good work here beginning in September.
- Evangelization requires using a variety of media to get the Good News out, then offering good programs for people coming in, so I have created a new staff position, “Coordinator of Communications & Events.” Jessica Jenkins, until now our Daytime Receptionist, will be taking that position.
- Guadalupe (“Lupe”) Alcántar-Fukagawa is our new Daytime Receptionist.
- Bill Roche is our new Maintenance Assistant.
- We are glad to welcome them to our excellent staff, to serving our mission of being the face of Jesus in the heart of Arlington!
I remain, your servant in Christ Jesus,