“A man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. So they are no longer two but one flesh.” Mk 10:7-8
“The matrimonial covenant, by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life, is by its nature ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring; this covenant between baptized persons has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament.” Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1601
CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement!
The priests, staff and parishioners of St. Charles Borromeo Parish to accompany you as you prepare to live the great Sacrament of Marriage. St. Charles’ Marriage Formation Program helps you to deepen your understanding of each other and to grow in faith as to live as intentional disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Please be sure to have your initial meeting with the priest before setting any date or make any reservations for reception venues or other churches. This is very important.
- Please note that there is a minimum of 6 months of preparation required by the Diocese of Arlington, whether the marriage is taking place at St. Charles parish or at another parish.
- At least one of the two parties must be a registered parishioner in St. Charles Parish.
THE 7 COMPONENTS OF THE ST. CHARLES MARRIAGE FORMATION PROGRAM:
- Attending the “Engagement Party and Welcome” hosted by our priests.
(Please use form below to register)
- An Initial Meeting with one of our priests
- A Spiritual Conference at St. Charles on the 1st Saturday every other month* at 11:00 am (Please use form below to register)
- A comprehensive online marriage formation program through Catholic Marriage Prep.com (click the link and sign up below)
- Attending the Diocese of Arlington's Conference for the Engaged
- Review of the FOCCUS Pre-Marriage Inventory with the priest
- Natural Family Planning course
* There will be NO Spiritual Conference on September 1st, due to the holiday weekend. The September conference will be held on September 23rd.
HOW TO BEGIN:
Contact Celeste White at St. Charles Parish at 703.527.5500 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to attend the Engagement Party. YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER TO ATTEND THIS CONFERENCE. (3rd Monday of the month @ 7pm please use form below to register) *
*if the Third Monday is a holiday the Engagement party will be moved to the 4th Monday.
We look forward to helping you prepare to live the sacred partnership of the whole of life which is the Sacrament of Marriage.