“A man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. So they are no longer two but one flesh.” Mk 10:7-8
“The matrimonial covenant, by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life, is by its nature ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring; this covenant between baptized persons has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament.” Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1601
CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement!
The priests, staff and parishioners of St. Charles Catholic Church are excited to accompany you as you prepare to live the great Sacrament of Marriage. St. Charles’ Marriage Formation Program helps you to deepen your understanding of each other and to grow in faith so as to live as intentional disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Please be sure to have your initial meeting with the priest before setting any date or make any reservations for reception venues or other churches. This is very important.
- Please note that there is a minimum of 6 months of preparation required by the Diocese of Arlington, whether the marriage is taking place at St. Charles parish or at another parish.
- At least one of the two parties must be a registered parishioner in St. Charles Parish.
THE 7 COMPONENTS OF THE ST. CHARLES MARRIAGE FORMATION PROGRAM:
- Attend the “Engagement Party and Welcome” hosted by our priests. Offered the 3rd Monday of every month at 7:00PM. Please use the form below to register.
- Hold an Initial Meeting with one of our priests.
- Attend the Spiritual Conference at St. Charles. Offered the 1st Saturday every other month at 11:00AM. Please use the form below to register.
- Complete the catholicmarriageprep.com Theology of the Body course.
- Attend the Diocese of Arlington's Conference for the Engaged.
- Take the FOCCUS Pre-Marriage Inventory and then review with the priest.
- Take one of the approved Natural Family Planning courses.
HOW TO BEGIN:
Contact Celeste White: (703) 527-5500 | firstname.lastname@example.org and register to attend the Engagement Party (registration form below).
Please note the following:
The next two Engagement Parties will take place on January 22nd, and February 12th, 2018.
We look forward to helping you prepare to live the sacred partnership of the whole of life which is the Sacrament of Marriage.