Session 2: Original Man
Speaker: Mary Stanford
Exploring the Biblical foundations of man's original dignity and his distinction from the rest of Creation through the lens of Pope John Paul II's Theology of the Body.
8:00-9:00pm in Benedict Hall
Series: The Human Person
The winter season of Adult Faith Formation courses will focus on the theme of The Human Person. The question of what it means to be human is one that societies have wrestled with throughout the ages, yet the times we live in are presenting challenges to our assumptions about humanity in unprecedented ways. This series of talks will draw from the deep roots of Catholic theology, philosophy, and spirituality to propose a conception of The Human Person grounded in the God of Creation and the Revelation of Jesus.
- January 22: Made in God's Image - Fr. Don Planty
- February 5: Original Man - Mary Stanford
- February 12: A Fallen Race - Mary Stanford
- March 5: The Wounded Couple - Mary Stanford
- March 12: Hope for Humanity - Mary Stanford
- March 19: Clarity and Charity (On Same-Sex Attraction) - Fr. Paul Scalia