Session 10: The Supernatural Destiny of Man, Part 2 - Empowered for Impact
Speaker: Jim Schuster
The human person can only be fully understood in light of his supernatural end - the invitation to share in the very life of God. We'll explore this invitation in two parts: (1) Sanctification - the ways we ourselves are transformed by grace, and (2) Empowered for Impact - that ways we participate in extending the Kingdom of God to the world around us.
8:00-9:00pm in Benedict Hall
Series: The Human Person
The spring season of Adult Faith Formation courses will focus on the theme of The Human Person. The question of what it means to be human is one that societies have wrestled with throughout the ages, yet the times we live in are presenting challenges to our assumptions about humanity in unprecedented ways. This series of talks will draw from the deep roots of Catholic theology, philosophy, and spirituality to propose a conception of The Human Person grounded in the God of Creation and the Revelation of Jesus.
- January 22: Made in God's Image - Fr. Don Planty
- February 5: Original Man - Mary Stanford
- February 12: A Fallen Race - Mary Stanford
- March 5: The Wounded Couple - Mary Stanford
- March 12: Hope for Humanity - Mary Stanford
- March 19: Clarity and Charity (On Same-Sex Attraction) - Fr. Paul Scalia
- April 9: Hope for Humanity - Mary Stanford
- April 23: Technology and the Language of Bodily Presence - Mary Stanford
- May 7: The Supernatural Destiny of Man, Part 1 (Sanctification) - Jim Schuster
- May 14: The Supernatural Destiny of Man, Part 2 (Empowered for Impact) - Jim Schuster